The Archdiocese of Milwaukee sponsors sports leagues for Catholic youth in high school as part of the its comprehensive approach to youth ministry.
CYM sports programs are intended to:
- offer opportunities for young people to associate with dedicated adults who not only foster athletic skills but serve as models of Christian living,
- emphasize sportsmanship and teamwork.
- foster the personal and spiritual growth of teens,
- build community and healthy relationships among participants,
- enable the gifted to excel, and the less gifted to participate and improve,
- serve the needs of all youth and reflect the diversity of the community.
Currently, the archdiocese sponsors Volleyball and Basketball Leagues. CYM teams are parish-based.
For information about:
Download a CYM Sports Promotional Flyer
Read about CYM Sports in the Catholic Herald:
"CYM basketball part of comprehensive approach to youth ministry," March 15, 2012
Resources and Coach Training
National CYO Sports
NCYOS animates Gospel values in Catholic youth sports
Catholic Coach Online Training
NCYOS partners with American Sport Education Program to provide training
Concussion Awareness Materials
Coach, Parent and Youth education and forms