Under general supervision, the Power School/Admissions Representative impacts student success by initiating the first contact and providing a positive first impression of St. Anthony School. The Admission Representative role is responsible for assisting with various duties necessary for the recruitment, enrollment and admission of new and current students. The Power School Representative role is responsible for managing the Power School system as it pertains to enrollment, schedules, reports, WISAData and compliance procedures for grades K4-12th.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Display a fundamental knowledge of all educational programs offered by St. Anthony School and effectively field routine questions by providing callers with general information.
- Familiarity with the Milwaukee Choice Program, the requirements and application process to inform families and potential students of the program.
- Running, managing and implementing the entire Power School program for St. Anthony School, including but not limited to enrollment, scheduling, grade maintenance, and DPI reporting. (K-12)
- Assist in the enrollment process of new students, and re-enrollment of current students, during open enrollment periods.
- Receive and review the documentation necessary for an application, Choice or non-Choice. Advise parents if more documentation is needed if necessary.
- Learn the process for completing and submitting Choice applications via the online system to assist and inform parents of the process.
- Assist the Lead Admissions Representative with preparing all the required reports to DPI throughout the year, including gathering the data necessary to complete such reports.
- Assist the Lead Admissions Representative with data tracking such as the rosters, enrollment, applications, demographics, etc.
- Assist in the two enrollment audits that take place every year, including but not limited to, revising applications and documentation, preparing enrollment lists, gathering attendance records for count days, etc.
- Inform secretaries and Administrators of student withdrawals and transfers throughout the school year.
- Enter new students into our database system with the information gathered from the school application, including the name of the school where the student is transferring from, if applicable.
- Transfer out students from our database when necessary, including date and reason for withdrawal and/or the name of the school the student is transferring to.
- Assist in the translation of school documents including letters and flyers when necessary.
- Follow up with the students that do not re-enroll at the end of the school year to track transferring information. Such students should be transfer out of the database at the end of the school year as well.
- Prepare letters for parents about student enrollment information when requested, with the approval of the Lead Admissions Representative. Information should be retrieved from our database and should only be distribute to the people in charge of the student, parents or legal guardians.
- Assist engaging with parents and community members about St. Anthony School & Parish and sharing it as a Catholic Parental Choice school option in the area.
- Supporting school leadership with other student recruitment tasks and projects.
- Work together with all social media aspects (TV, Radio, etc.…) to promote St. Anthony School & Parish.
- Attend work related meetings and trainings when required.
- Complete all other duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions.
- A strong belief in the school’s mission and vision.
- Minimum of High School degree or GED.
- Experience working with Power School, Milwaukee School Choice Program and WISEdash.
- Experience with programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bilingual in both English and Spanish both written and orally.
- Must be able to establish positive interpersonal relationships.
- Must be able to maintain an open, constructive and communicative attitude.
- Accomplish assigned tasks in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
- Use good judgment when carrying out tasks.
- Perform required physical tasks.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be punctual and reliable.
- Some weekends may be required depending on the recruitment schedule.
- Must follow safety procedures.
- Must be polite and professional at all times.