The 6th-8th Grade ELA Teacher is responsible for integrating reading, writing, and language curriculum using the “Common Core State Standards.” NJA leverages a blended learning platform to help reach all students. The ELA Teacher differentiates lessons in order to reach and challenge all students. The ELA Teacher is successful by demonstrating objective-driven instruction, high expectations, accountability for students, and rigorous student engagement. Working on a middle school team, the ELA Teacher communicates effectively with colleagues and parents.
- Committed to the school’s mission as a Christian servant leader.
- Strong organization skills and preparedness to teach assigned classes.
- Work with colleagues to ensure daily instructional curriculum meets the state teaching standards.
- Teach engaging and challenging units of study while providing rigorous assessments.
- Committed to all pedagogical and school culture responsibilities involved with implementing blended learning.
- Attend all professional development meetings and enrichment opportunities.
- Ensure that all assessments are administered and graded in a timely manner; maintain accurate student records; analyze results with staff, parents, and students; make adjustments to instruction, as needed.
- Complete quarterly report cards and conduct parent conferences.
- Partner with families during the school day and in other school events to build a working relationship with each family.