Primary Function of this Position
The Administrative Assistant for Finance is responsible for the bookkeeping, census maintenance, record keeping, scheduling of the facilities, and receptionist for the parish.
Duties And Responsibilities
Accounts Payables (weekly)
- Data entry of all invoices (parish and school)
- Run reports of payables for CFD approval of payment
- Print checks of payable to be paid
- Document check # and date paid on our copy of invoices
- Mail checks as directed by CFD and file invoices in the appropriate vendor file
- Prepare special checks drawn on other parish accounts.
- At the end of the fiscal year, all vendor files need to be removed from file drawer, alphabetized and grouped by vendors and then filed in appropriate place.
Manage Census/Contribution System (ongoing)
- Enter envelopes (cash receipts) into census/contribution database (Monday & Friday)
- Post all school payments (as received)
- Post all contributions into database
- Process & enter pledge cards into database (daily during influx)
- Maintain Pledge Card Tracking list (daily during influx)
- Update computer for new school year (e.g. removing school families who have graduated/coding/entering new parish/non-parish school families (annually)
- Send monthly school family statements
- Year End Closing / New Year Setup of census/contribution system
- Respond to parishioner questions regarding contribution records
Manage Scheduling of Campus Facilities (ongoing)
- ·Receive and coordinate requests for campus facilities.
- ·Post into Facility Scheduler.
- ·Communicate with maintenance about events.
- ·Maintain online Master Calendar and Internal Only Calendar.
Scrip Processing (semi monthly)
- Sort money between cash & carry and orders
- Carry forward ending inventory balances to new stock sheets (if not already done)
- Process the weekly orders
- Enter inventory, stock sheet sales, payments
- Maintain inventory
- Prepare bank deposit biweekly
- Maintain all personnel files
- Verify that all onboarding paperwork is correctly completed
Collection Of Monies (weekly)
- Collect vigil light and Sunday monies from church
- Set up counting teams to count all monies collected at church
- Conduct training for counting teams as necessary
- Count and verify deposits brought in during the week
- Process parishioner envelopes brought in during the week
- Prepare deposit slip and electronic cash card
- Take deposit to bank weekly
- First line for answering phones and the door during regular business hours
- Interface with staff/support staff/parishioners
- Run/fold/coordinate quarterly statements for whole parish (w/volunteer help)
- Sell scrip
- Back up to other parish secretaries
- Special projects
- Process daily incoming mail as needed
- Also, carry out other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Pastor or CFD.