II. Position Description
The Vocation Office Administrative Assistant assists the Vocation Director, Associate Vocation Director, and Vocation Promoter by providing external communication support, the coordination of office services, and assistance with office events.
III. Position Expectations
- External Communication Support
- Develop, maintain, and creatively design vocations outreach on social and electronic media, including the monitoring, updating, and development of website content, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Compose, edit, and distribute email communication, fliers, brochures, letters, mass mailings, etc.
- Prepare office correspondence.
- Distribute weekly candidate and vocation office supporter communication.
- Coordinate seminary visits
- Coordinate Office Services
- Maintain financial records. Prepare reports, expense requests, check requisitions, invoices, etc.
- Answer phone calls, welcome visitors, and process correspondence.
- Maintain and regularly update candidate database.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies, vocation office give-a-way items, and other materials.
- Arrange vocation meetings, events, programs and travel, if necessary.
- Attend and prepare meeting minutes and agenda for Vocation Committee Meetings.
- Maintain well-organized files (paper and computer).
- Vocation Event Assistance
- Provide assistance for all vocation office events, including: creation and distribution of invitations, handling parental communication and rsvp, and attend to the details of these events.
- Organize and coordinate set-up of vocation office display at events and conferences.
- Coordinate and supervise volunteers.
- Increase the Vocation Office footprint at all young adult and high school events including, Cor Jesu, WCYR, Encounter, etc.
- Administrative assistance and secretarial support to:
- The Director of Vocations and Human Formation
- The Associate Director of Vocations
- The Vocation Promoter
- Working Environment
- Occasional, yet rare, evening or weekend work.
- Position will require access to sensitive and confidential information, which must be well safeguarded.
- Will report to the Associate Vocation Director