Waukesha Catholic is seeking a full-time (80%) Art teacher for the 2021-2022 school year. The teacher will plan and provide quality Art instruction while supporting the mission, philosophy, objectives, and goals of Waukesha Catholic. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with the Archdiocese of Milwaukee Art Standards and will foster a positive learning environment that will meet the needs of a variety of learners.
Essential Job Functions:
• Cooperates with other faculty members for consistent planning, developing, evaluating, and implementing a school
curriculum while adhering to the school mission and Gospel values.
• Consistently plans and evaluates instruction.
• Employs a variety of teaching strategies, taking into account the learning needs of the children
• Maintain accurate student records.
• Is professional and confidential with student information.
• Maintains open communication with parents (i.e. conferences, phone calls, notes, and progress reports).
• Documents significant interactions with parents and/or students.
• Keeps Campus Principal informed of student progress and parent/guardian concerns.
• Participates in Parent/Student/Teacher Conferences.
• Employs a variety of teaching strategies, taking into account the learning needs of the children.
• Provides a secure, comfortable, and respectful, and inviting learning atmosphere which motivates and challenges students to achieve in all areas of
• Is responsible for the safety, supervision, and well-being of every child whenever students are on the premises.
• Participates in special program preparations, such as Open House, Dia De Los Muertos, Las Posadas, etc.
• Provides opportunities for cultural awareness and experiences within the community.
• Takes an active part in curriculum planning and other school committees when needed.
• Attends regular faculty meetings.
• Engages school volunteers when appropriate.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing, with a variety of constituents.
• Highly organized and able to work both independently and as a member of a team.
• Able to multi-task and prioritize projects.
• Ability to demonstrate a high level of professional, ethical, and confidential behavior.
• Understanding of the teaching of the Catholic faith and Catholic School operations.
Education and Work Experience:
• Must have a bachelor’s degree from a certified college or university.
• Must be appropriately certified, or certifiable, by the Wisconsin Department of Instruction.
• Must be willing to meet the requirements for Religious Education Certification as established by the Archdiocese of Milwaukee.
•Ideal candidate will be Catholic