KR Countyline Catholic Parishes, Kansasville, WI, is seeking a full-time Bookkeeper, 30-35 hours/week. The bookkeeper assists the Business Manager in development and maintenance of the financial bookkeeping system for the 4 parishes within the collaboration. Specifically, the bookkeeper is responsible for computing, classifying, and recording financial transactions that are accurate and in compliance with Archdiocesan guidelines. Specific responsibilities include processing payroll, accounts payable, petty cash, income including contributions, and monthly reports This person provides administrative management and works to ensure effective daily operations and compliance with archdiocesan policy and state and federal law.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates computer accounting software, specifically QuickBooks.
- Maintains an accurate filing, payment schedule, recordkeeping and reporting system for financial matters. This includes entering of weekly deposits and related journal entries, processing accounts payable checks for two signatures, maintenance of banking and investment accounts, and ensure that bank statements are regularly reviewed by Trustee Treasurer or Financial Chairperson.
- Prepares monthly reports for respective Finance Committees.
- Works collaboratively with Finance Chairs and Trustees when necessary.
- Enters approved budgetary figures for each account of each parish.
- Processes payroll accurately and on time.
- Assures all appropriate taxes are withheld, quarterly government reports are prepared and submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensures I-9s and current W-4s are on file for all active employees.
Assures year end reports for payroll are submitted and distributed, including W-2 forms, 1099 forms, etc