The Catholic Formation Program Assistant provides administrative and program support for the parish Catholic Formation Department. This position will also help as a sounding board for the Catholic Formation Department and assist in hands-on ministry as needed. The position is 15-20 hours per week and includes at least one night per week and 3 Sunday mornings per month.
Major Responsibilities and Regular Activities:
- Assist the Director of Catholic Formation in organizing the activities of the Catholic Formation Department
- Assist in set-up and implementation of the Family Formation Program sessions
- Comfortable working with teens and leading teen activities
- Lead basic programming sessions when Director of Catholic Formation is not available.
- Maintain Family Formation Program attendance and At-Home Program Communications
- Assist in collecting and providing information for Sacramental record keeping
- Occasionally assist in set up for events including some weekend and evening work
- Be welcoming and responsive to parishoners at Family Formation Program gatherings
- Assist the Director in planning and implementing Saints In Training in the summer
- Other duties as assigned
- In Full Communion with the Catholic Church
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Use and update the ACS Parish Database System by downloading, proof-reading and entering data, creating documents, sending correspondence, and other processes as needed
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office application (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Complete all assigned tasks in a professional, timely manner
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
Education and Experience:
High school diploma and post-high school training and experience in administrative and pastoral work in a church setting, or comparable experience.