The Congregation of Sisters of St. Agnes (CSA), a Roman Catholic religious order, is seeking a fulltime Chaplain/Spiritual Care Coordinator to serve the spiritual needs of the sister residents at Nazareth Court and Center, a retirement center in Fond du Lac, WI. The role requires a compassionate and competent practitioner who is responsible for cultivating relationships with the sisters and demonstrates a respect for the religious way of life.
The Chaplain/Spiritual Care Coordinator ministers to the spiritual needs of the resident sisters at Nazareth Court/Center and St. Francis Home in cooperation with the Local Coordinators, the local priest chaplain, the Staff at Nazareth Court/Center and the staff of St. Francis Home. S/he participates in the care conference of an individual sister upon request of the sister resident and/or as deemed appropriate by the Care Conference Team.
Serves as a member of the health care team by providing the following:
- being a “presence” to the sister residents both individually and in groups.
- provides spiritual care in conjunction with the plan of care, including appropriate documentation.
- provides on-call services as the CSA family representative when required.
- organizes and leads scripture/faith sharing groups and prayer services, as needed.
- assists in preparation of funeral prayer services and Liturgies for sister residents.
- conducts study groups on topics of interest determined by the sisters.
- assists the sister residents to understand and more fully experience life’s transitions as they relate to spiritual and emotional well being. Encourages friendships.
- provides bereavement education and support groups, as needed.
- leads a transition care process / procedure between the U.S. Regional Coordinators and Local Coordinators for sisters as they transition to Nazareth Court/Center from local missions, including preparation for the move, orientation to Nazareth Court/Center, development of a ‘buddy system” with clear parameters and ongoing support during the transition period.
- works collaboratively with other disciplines in addressing spiritual and pastoral needs.
- performs other duties as assigned.