Assists in the general services of Family and Youth programs by:
- Maintaining awareness and knowledge of program activities in order to be able to communicate the information in response to inquiries (events, meetings, classes, projects, retreats, schedules, etc.)
- Holding child, youth and family information in confidence
- Being willing to be flexible in learning new tasks.
- Being respectful, dependable, reliable and responsible
- Collaborating, cooperating and participating with all staff while assisting in the CF programs of both parishes.
- Ability to work weekends as schedule demands
- Assisting the Director of Christian Formation in creating a warm and welcoming environment for catechists, children, youth, families and parishioners.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities of this position include (but are not limited to):
- Warmly greeting parents and children while providing information- helping to resolve problems for parents
- Accountability for individual projects as assigned by the Director of Christian Formation
- Assist with the organization, set up and clean-up for Sunday Family and Youth programs
- Assist with planning and implementation of Vacation Bible School
- Assist the Director of Christian Formation with Christian Formation webpage updates and social media
- Assist with the organization of retreat volunteers and other retreat needs assigned by the Director of Christian Formation
- Maintaining and updating ministerial computer data and physical files for students, parent volunteers, Catechists and CF volunteers, including Safeguarding compliance.
- Assist Director of Christian Formation with inventorying, ordering and maintaining office supplies and equipment specific to CF
Other projects as Director of Christian Formation deems necessary
Education, Training and/or Experience:
- Bachelors and/or Administrative Assistant experience
- Willingness and enthusiasm for ongoing ministry training
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft software applications – specifically MS Word and Excel, Google Applications, and other programs, such as PDS Office
Must be a practicing Roman Catholic with continuing active membership in a parish/faith community