The coordinator of youth ministry (CYM) provides vision and coordination for the parish’s efforts in ministry to young people from 6th through 12th grades. This includes middle & high school sessions (weekly gatherings), worship opportunities, monthly youth gatherings, catechesis, retreats and sacramental preparation for confirmation.
Primary Youth Ministry Responsibilities:
- Integrate adolescent catechesis into a comprehensive ministry to, with, by and for young people.
- Facilitating the Youth Leadership Team, which is responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating a comprehensive youth ministry program
- Serve on the Cluster Formation Committee, which is an oversight group providing vision, direction, support, and advocacy for the parish ministry with Children, Youth & Adults
- Direct, train and encourage an adequate number of catechists and other volunteers.
- Coordinate the Confirmation Sacramental Preparation Program
- Work with the parishes’ Safeguarding Coordinator to ensure full compliance.
- Coordinate retreat programs and youth trips as appropriate.
- Promote programs, policies, and events.
- Foster the involvement of young people in the life of the parish, including serving on various parish committees and being involved in parish activities
- Coordinate the outreach to and evangelization of all young people in the parish
- Provide appropriate services and programs for parents of adolescents
As a parish staff member, essential duties and responsibilities include the following: (other duties may be assigned)
- Attend regular staff meetings & participate in staff planning
- Communicate to staff & Seek staff input about youth ministry activities & planning
Other Or Shared Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Cluster Formation Committee in the implementation and development of youth & family & adult evangelization activities
- Collaborate with other staff in planning common projects