• Supervises, trains, and evaluates faith formation staff, including Director of Youth Ministry (Grades 7 -12), Administrative Assistant for Hispanic Ministry, and apprentices.
• Acts as a resource for Pastoral Council, Faith Formation Committee, Prayer and Worship Committee, and the Director of Adult Faith Formation.
• Collaborates with the Associate Pastor and Administrative Assistant for Hispanic Ministry to accommodate faith formation programs and sacramental preparation for families whose first language is Spanish
. • Manages faith formation programs and sacramental preparation programs, including Baptism, First Reconciliation, First Eucharist, Confirmation, and RCIA.
• Directs PreK to Grade 6 faith formation, preparation for First Eucharist and Reconciliation, VBS, and family events.
• Recruits, trains, manages, and maintains schedules for catechists and other volunteers.
• Provides options for families experiencing unusual circumstances.
• Assures supervision of minors in accordance with Parish and Archdiocesan Safeguarding guidelines.
• Develops programs and selects appropriate catechetical materials based on the USCCB and Archdiocesan guidelines.
• Ensures copyright and licensing requirement permissions.
• Promotes parent engagement and dialog to strengthen their role as faith leaders in the lives of their children.
• Effectively manages student behavior and in collaboration with parents.
• Attends staff meetings and other meetings at the request of the Pastor.
• Attends meetings and works with the Sheboygan County Organization of Religious Educators (SCORE).
• Collaborates with the Principal and teachers of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton School on sacramental preparation programs.
• Welcomes, educates, spiritually enriches and grows the parish community via new and existing programs.
• Works with staff and volunteers in the area of liturgy and music for liturgical celebrations.
• Responds to inquiries of those interested in the Catholic faith.
BA in Theology, Religious Education or related educational field.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Professional working attitude demonstrating flexibility and a collaborative approach
• Strong organizational and decision making skills.
• Working knowledge in MS Office, and contemporary communication and media applications.
• Active Catholic able to participate in the sacramental life of the Church.
• Two years or more of relevant experience.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Valid driver’s license.