- Maintain an accurate filing and recordkeeping and reporting system for all parish financial matters. Prepares monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports for parish and Archdiocese as needed.
- Administers a cash flow management system with purchasing and payment schedules clearly defined.
- Prepares, administers, and reviews the budget process in collaboration with the Finance Council, Pastor/Administrator, and other committees. Assists the Finance Council in presenting the budget to the Pastoral Council for approval.
- Monitors the collection, counting, recording, and depositing of parish revenue from all sources.
- Serves as a helpful resource to parish organizations in all financial matters, from planning to auditing.
- Serves as a parish contact with financial institutions and the Archdiocese, in collaboration with the Trustee (treasurer) for contracts, insurance, and security systems.
- Assists in the planning of financial stewardship and long-range planning efforts.
- Directs the operation of the parish office, schedules, supervises, and evaluates office assistants.
- Supervises and evaluates maintenance staff and manages major repairs and new construction.
- Oversees operation of parish office computer and duplicating equipment.
- Supervises or directs the maintaining of parish membership and sacramental records.
- Attends staff meetings, Finance Council meetings and other committee meetings appropriate to the position. Attends the Archdiocesan meetings where appropriate for training and development.
- Administers parish salary and benefit policies as directed by the Pastor/Administrator and Personnel Committee.
- Assists with the hiring and selection of personnel in collaboration with the Pastor/Administrator and Personnel Committee.
- Coordinates and prepares parish response to liability and legal concerns, in cooperation with Archdiocesan offices as appropriate. Understands role of Canon Law and Catholic Social teachings.
- Serves as Safe Environment coordinator and license applications.
- Annually evaluated and supervised by the Pastor/Administrator.