Under the direction of the Pastor, the Director of Evangelization and Faith Formation provides leadership, support and oversight for Pastoral staff of all faith formation programs including youth, high school, adult and family. The Director will be a key member of the parish Stewardship commission in forming leaders in discipleship & evangelization along with pastoral planning, needs assessment regarding evangelization and faith formation for both parishes. The Director provides support and training for lay leaders in parish ministerial areas to focus their attention beyond the parishioners and into the community at large.
Description of responsibilities, duties, and activities:
- Collaborates with the Pastor and other Pastoral team members on discerning the vision that best enables the parishes to offer ways for all parishioners to practice missionary discipleship.
- Director of Evangelization and Faith Formation will be a key player working within the cross parish Stewardship Commission including assisting with strategies and methods to help integrate new parish members into parish ministries and parish life overall creating a seamless approach to walking with all parish members in their life long faith journey.
- Provides direct management, training, on-going support and leadership for the Pastoral staff who oversee faith formation programs of all ages-life-long formation, evangelization, parish outreach, large group formation.
- Provides training and on-going support as well as forming lay parish leaders who assist with programs such as small groups, FOCCUS, RCIA, ALPHA, & large groups.
- Assists those who coordinate the parish ministries to help them align the vision of their specific ministries to the parish vision and develop teamwork that will support these efforts.
- Assists the Faith Formation department in developing an annual budget and monitors expenses for specific ministries that provide parish vitality and evangelization in collaboration with the Director of Administrative Services for both parishes.
- Other duties as assigned.