Formation & Evangelization throughout our Parish is an integrated ministry involving the spiritual, social, educational, and service-oriented aspects of life. The Director of Formation & Evangelization works in collaboration with the Pastor, Christian Formation Commission and parish ministry staff to coordinate and provide adult formation and education opportunities and overseeing/mentoring a structure and process which ministers the needs of children and youth, kindergarten through confirmation. Our Christian Formation Commission is engaged, competent and active.
The Director of Formation & Evangelization is responsible for our Adult Formation ministry, RCIA, and Baptism Preparation and also oversees and mentors our child and youth ministry program leaders. We utilize Evangelical Catholic for adult small groups, Life Teen for youth ministry and Catechizes of the Good Shepard for child ministry.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Christian Formation Commission to establish, prioritize and evaluate parish formation goals and objectives. Attends commission meetings.
- Regularly evaluates formation programs to ensure they meet the objectives of our parish.
- Participates in Archdiocesan religious education association.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of the Formation Budget.
- Promote and participate in the community of the parish. Seek additional community opportunities to meet a wide range of parishioner needs.
- Coordinate the baptism ministry. Train ministers to prepare or prepare parents for baptism of their children.
- Prepare adults for full reception into the Church through RCIA.
- Facilitate Evangelical Catholic through small group training and support.
- Lead or facilitate existing adult formation programs (Thoughtful Thursdays, That Man is You, Sunday Bible Study) and evaluate additional opportunities reaching a variety of participants.
- Coordinate or facilitate evangelization efforts.
- Maintain adult formation presence in The Messenger (parish newsletter tri-annual), parish bulletin and parish website.
Child Ministry/Youth Formation:
- Oversee the child ministry and youth formation program by mentoring the ministry leaders. Advise in curriculum choices, aid in catechist/core team leader development and retention, provide guidance in program goals and needs, and provide leadership with parent relationships.
- Collaborate in family ministry opportunities.
- Provide guidance, leadership and support in retreats and parent meetings.