* Oversees the planning and execution of all parish liturgical celebrations
* Lead and supervise a full time assistant and a part time musician.
* Play the weekend masses.
* Direct and oversee the many volunteers and professional staff who prepare and lead communal worship
* Works with liturgical committees, and oversees liturgical ministries
* Is present at major liturgies to assist presiders and organize details
* Develops, trains, and oversees sacristan's and direct reports
* Recruits ministers and musicians, invites and welcomes newcomers to develop a broad spectrum of talent
* Is a member of the parish leadership team
* Provides musicians and music for all events
* Coordinates and prepares the rehearsals and performances of the voice and handbell choirs.
* Research new music for worship and keeps current on all official statements regarding liturgical music
* Oversees the preparation of the annual budget
* Provides for periodic evaluation of the quality of worship programs and ministries
* Oversees file administration and adheres to all copyright policies.
* Professional training in liturgy and music, including a Bachelors degree in either Liturgy, liturgical music or classical music
* Excellent organ/piano playing skills and the ability to perform and coordinate performances
* Vocal and cantor skills a plus
* Background in Catholic doctrine, liturgical expectations, and archdiocesan parish requirements
* Be a person of catholic faith and possess sensitivity, openness, and an ability to engage parishioners
* Be able to delegate tasks and responsibilities
* Commonsense in carrying out responsibilities
* Able to multitask and positively change priorities as needed
* Consistently maintain high performance standards
* Prior parish experience in planning, coordination and execution of liturgy and music in a medium to large parish
* Prior experience leading choirs- vocal and handbell
* Basic computer skills and knowledge
* Supervisory and leadership experience
Salaried position with a full benefit package. Health, dental, vision are available; life insurance is given to all. A FSA, flexible spending account and 403(b) are available. Nine paid holidays, three paid personal days (after 1 year), six sick days and vacation are all awarded to this position.
Salary range for this position is- $51,928 to $77,893.