The Sisters of the Divine Savior (SDS) province based in Milwaukee, Wis. seeks a Director of Mission Advancement to support the ministries of its women religious congregation that serves in 26 countries on five continents. Cultivate and strengthen relationships with friends and donors to build awareness and raise funds to advance the mission of the SDS. Work as a team with the Director of Communications on short- and long-term strategies to engage with donors, raise funds, acquire planned gifts, procure grants, and strengthen digital presence to enhance ongoing public relations efforts. Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum five years’ experience in fundraising using donor relationship management software. This full-time position offers a competitive benefits package and salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Key Job Functions
- Direct and implement the annual fund, major and planned giving programs. Create a comprehensive major gift plan for the annual fund, planned giving and special projects that includes prospect lists, cultivation and solicitation plans for domestic and international ministries. Cultivate relationships with donors through phone calls, visits and letters to support the SDS mission. Conduct research on individual, foundation and corporate prospects. Coordinate all recognition and stewardship for major donors and Apostolic Circle members.
- Work as a team with DOC to oversee newsletters, direct mail, eNews, diocesan mission co-op program, social media presence, website and friend/donor contact points.
- Manage donor database and update constituent records for accuracy and ease of reporting.
- Coordinate the mechanics of gift processing with DOC for timely acknowledgements.
- Oversee and generate Mission Advancement mailing lists.
- Work monthly with Finance Office to balance and reconcile department accounts and provide reports to Provincial. Construct and generate monthly, fiscal year-end and as needed reports. Track progress of fundraising goals and meets or exceeds annual goals.
- Serve as the grant writer and coordinator for the annual fund and special projects (domestic and international). Determine the foundation targets for annual giving and special projects. Maintain a tracking document of foundation work completed and in progress. Cultivate relationships with foundation program officers. Write, submit and track grant proposals to foundations and corporations. Complete evaluation reports as required for awarded grants.
- Direct the supervision and administration of the mission advancement office. Recommend for hiring, train, supervise, does performance planning for and evaluate DOC and Mission Advancement intern. Develop the department budget and monitor expenses. Foster SDS mission-centric environment in the department and among other staff. Use discretion when communicating with friends and donors acknowledging the confidential nature of the Mission Advancement office. Work with Provincial to prioritize funding needs.