Job Summary: Our Lady of Grace Academy and St. Lucy School is currently looking for an Elementary Art Teacher for 2020-2021 school year. The ideal candidate for the position is able to instruct across multiple visual arts areas.
Core skills for the position include:
· Plans, implements, and evaluates instructional art programs.
· Demonstrates thorough knowledge of related subject areas including drawing, painting, ceramics, photography, etc.
· Inspiring students and promoting engagement in subject area of art.
· Providing continual assessment of student progress and maintaining records.
· Providing an effective environment that facilitates the school academic program.
· Routinely utilizing instructional technology and optimizing its instructional value.
· Initiating and maintaining open communication with parents and community members.
· Continuing to work on professional growth.
· Experience in Catholic education with the ability to promote the role of faith in education and leadership preferred. Practicing Catholic preferred.
· Have a bachelor’s degree in the appropriate subject area.
· State of Wisconsin licensing and certification. Appropriate are teaching experience.
· Ability to be highly organized, accountable, and work within a diverse environment.
Working environment is generally a clean academic setting. Standing, bending, walking, walking multiple flights of stairs, lifting, lifting overhead and occasionally lifting objects up to 25 pounds are also necessary.
St. Catherine’s High School offers a competitive compensation package.
Application materials accepted until the position has been filled.