Position Summary: The Elementary School Teacher is responsible for the instruction, supervision, and management of elementary school students. The Teacher should possess excellent communication skills, exhibit empathy and support for the academic and emotional needs of his or students, and foster positive interactions with students and fellow employees. He or she must also fulfill other responsibilities in accordance with SJCA’s mission statement.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive instructional curriculum appropriate for assigned grade level that complements SJCA’s sequential and standardized curricular goals.
- Incorporate technology training and teaching methodologies within the classroom under the supervision of the the Technology Department and the Department of Student Success, respectively.
- Supervise student activities within the classroom and other areas as assigned, enforcing SJCA’s high expectations for student behavior at all times.
- Communicate via phone, email, and in person with families regarding students’ academic progress.
- Attend all teacher in-services, faculty and department meetings, and professional development and faith formation workshops.
- Participate in additional school-related activities, including but not limited to: open house, graduation exercises, new student registration nights, placement testing, student dance supervision, parent-teacher conferences, and back to school events.
- Perform additional program duties as assigned by the Lower Campus Principal.
Coaching and club moderator opportunities are also available with this position.