The ideal candidate is culturally sensitive and innovative, particularly in devising relevant interdisciplinary curriculum; has strong content knowledge, especially demonstrated when creating coursework which is representative of diverse cultures and perspectives; is committed to teaching students key literary skills through both classic and modern literature; can shape a classroom culture which is safe, challenging, and engaging to students of all backgrounds and abilities.
Willingness and ability to help design and shape curriculum while working collaboratively with other members of the department. Year one will require curriculum design for courses. Commitment to detailed lesson design is critical. Being able to model strong writing and provide quality feedback to students will be important.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college/university;
• Certification by the Wisconsin DPI with a valid 9-12 English license required;
• Demonstrated ability to work well with colleagues, particularly on the departmental level and in professional learning communities;
• Excellent communication skills, particularly with parents/guardians and colleagues;
• A desire for continuous improvement;
• Experience with educational technology tools;
• Support of the mission, values, and vision of the future of Pius XI Catholic High School.