1. Design compelling print pieces and web-ready graphics including invitations, brochures, advertisements and promotional materials to engage prospective families, current families, alumnae and donors.
2. Use the DSHA OnMessage Content Management System (training provided) to edit and build creative and engaging web pages.
3. Craft marketing messages for print and digital communications, while maintaining DSHA brand standards, visual identity and voice.
4. Craft and publish social media posts, as well as assist with planning for future social media strategy. Design and create graphics for social media posts when needed.
5. Edit, review and proofread finished projects.
6. Take photos of DSHA events and programs.
7. Complete other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Qualified candidates must currently be pursuing a degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications or a related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must possess at least 1 year of graphic design experience
- Solid understanding of Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Fluent in and passionate about social media platforms
- Ability to collaborate with others and work independently
- Self-motivated and deadline driven
- Able to take direction and execute it accordingly
- Familiar with basic design principles
- Able to concept designs from start to finish
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of a variety of social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Knowledge of creating print-ready files
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. Frequently, the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders.
The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.