This is a full-time position beginning with the 2020-21 school year.
Counselor duties include, but are not limited, to the following:
1. Assist students with developing their educational plan.
2. Collaborate with school staff members for appropriate student placement, e.g., regular education, honors, and Advanced Placement courses.
3. Assist entire staff in developing, monitoring, and reviewing student success.
4. In conjunctions with the Principal, Academic Dean, and resource teacher, ensure implementation of students’ Service Plans.
5. Assist students with course selections that are the most challenging and appropriate for graduation requirements and career plans.
1. Conduct developmental guidance lessons in the classroom and/or in large groups as needed.
2. Conduct structured, goal-oriented counseling sessions in response to identified needs of individuals and groups of students.
1. Provide school-to-higher education guidance services.
2. Provide scholarship information and assist students and families in timely scholarship package submissions.
3. Organize and conduct the ACT Aspire, ACT, PSAT, and Advanced Placement tests in cooperation with teachers.
4. Arrange for college recruiters and military personnel visits.
5. Process high school transcripts.
1. Work collaboratively with the Director of Admissions.
2. Conduct in-service programs for faculty and staff as directed by the Principal.
3. Operate within the established school procedures and policies.
4. Plan the School Counselor program calendar.
5. Participate in the evaluation and revision of the school counseling program.
6. Create master schedule with administration.
7. Responsible for all scheduling including, registration and changes to schedules.
8. Maintain and store students’ cumulative files and permanent records.
9. Maintain a budget for the counseling program and required testing
1. Implement the high school guidance curriculum into the educational curricula under the direction of the Principal.
2. Work closely with the Academic Dean with the direction of our educational goals and philosophy.
3. Interpret standardized test results to include ACT Aspire, ACT, PSAT, and Advanced Placement tests scores and prepare analysis reports for the Principal and the Catholic Central High School Board of Directors for use in short and long-range planning.
A more detailed job description is available on request.
Please send a letter of interest, a current resume, a list of (3) references, letters of recommendation, and copies of your transcripts.