Job Summary: Racine St. Catherine’s, a Siena Catholic School is currently looking for an English Language Arts teacher for the 2019-2020 school year. The ideal candidate for the position will be able to teach grade 9-12 classes. Core skills for the position include:
- Inspiring students and promoting mastery in subject area of English.
- Helping to develop and implement curriculum that aligned with Wisconsin State Standards and Common Core Standards as they evolve.
- Providing continual assessment of student progress and maintaining records.
- Continually evaluating instructional performance to meet the needs of the students.
- Providing an effective environment that facilitates the school academic program.
- Routinely utilizing instructional technology and optimizing its instructional value.
- Initiating and maintaining open communication with parents and community members.
- Continuing to work on professional growth.
- May include upper level English classes
- Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate subject area.
- State of Wisconsin licensing and certification grades 9-12.
- Knowledge of application of best teaching practices in English.
- Ability to work in a high achieving school in a diverse environment.
- Be able to work in a collaborative team with peers.
- Demonstrate commitment to the principles of Dominican Catholic Faith.
- Master’s degree is the appropriate subject area is preferred.
- Have high school teaching experience.
- Have general knowledge of transformative technology instruction.
Working environment is generally a clean academic setting. Standing, bending, walking, walking multiple flights of stairs, lifting, lifting overhead and occasionally lifting objects up to 25 pounds are also necessary.
The Siena Catholic Schools of Racine offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Application materials will be accepted until the position is filled.