Leadership, administration, coordination, and education and/or enhancement programs for the faith formation of high school youth in relationship to the vision of the Second Vatican Council. Manages sacrament preparation and sacramental liturgies.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Eligible for Advanced Religious Education Certification with the Archdiocese of Milwaukee.
- Working knowledge in MS Office products.
- Valid driver’s license for the State of Wisconsin preferred.
- Active Catholic able to participate in the sacramental life of the Church.
- Bilingual Spanish/ English preferred.
In addition to the respective position title:
High School Formation Coordinator:
- BA in Theology/Education/Psychology/Social Work or an educational field and/or a certificate in ministry or theology from a Catholic institution of higher learning preferred.
- Two years’ or more experience in a parish or Catholic school setting as a teacher/administrator/catechist required.
- Education or experience in training, delegation, and empowering preferred/required.
- Professional working attitude and collaborative approach.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to make decisions, attentive to details, and troubleshoot.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs the operation of the respective direct reports, e.g., schedules, supervises, and observes catechists.
- Coordinates and provides initial and ongoing formation of ministries in the area of catechesis and evangelization.
- Recruit (new and existing), screen, train, enrich, and recognize catechists and volunteers.
- Ensures all catechists names are given to CMG Coordinator to be certified according to the Archdiocese of Milwaukee guidelines.
- Meets regularly with catechist and volunteer teams, e.g., spiritual formation/training yearly workshops, weekly meetings, and yearly rehearsals.
- Have a written catechist and volunteer schedule with backups.
- Budget and expenses:
- Prepares High School annual budget and assists with the general Christian Formation budgeting.
- Monthly monitor expenses and revenues.
- Initiates respective expenditures within the approved budget.
- Attends staff meetings. Attends other meetings at the request of the Pastor/Director.
- Acts as a resource for the Christian Formation Commission.
- Establishes a program calendar, taking into consideration local events, seasonal and annual opportunities, and the master parish calendar.
- Evaluates programs to determine strengths, areas for improvement, and future needs.
- Cooperates with other parish personnel and parishioner groups in the use of parish facilities.
Collaboration & Engagement:
- Collaborates with the Priest/Director to manifest the vision for catechetical and sacramental life of the parish.
- Fosters parishioner participation in faith formation and evangelization.
- Provides opportunities for parent engagement and dialog to strengthen their role as faith leaders in their child’s life and to the community at large.
- Provides opportunities for high school faith formation education and assists with: gatherings, prayer experiences, social events, and community engagement.
- Forms, develops, and taps into the advisory faith formation Commission to gain feedback on the faith formation experience for continuous improvement.
- Organizes and facilitates Youth Group.
- Directs faith formation programs for High School, with a strong focus on Confirmation.
- Implements the policies of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee for catechesis and evangelization
- Selects appropriate catechetical materials based on the United States Catholic Conference of Bishops, Archdiocesan guidelines and the recommendation/perspective of parish priests.
- Maintains accurate records in a timely basis, e.g., attendance, sacrament, etc.
- Provides continued support for new and existing catechists by being present before, during, and after classes.
- Assures supervision of minors while on parish/school grounds for catechetical activities.
- Effectively manages student behavior and works with parents.
- Plan and coordinate practice(s)/rehearsals for Confirmation.
- Ensures copyright and licensing requirement permissions.
- Orders and maintains inventory faith formation materials and supplies.
- Welcomes, educates, spiritually enriches and grows the high school community via new and existing programs.
- Responds to inquiries of those interested in the Catholic faith.
- Promotes evangelization programs and educational opportunities for parish evangelists and evangelization committee.
- Serves as a link for parishioners, parents, and parish and catechist/volunteers regarding faith formation.
- Schedules events and respective calendars.
- Create media releases and develop social media programs that engage and encourage involvement.
- Works with employees in the area of liturgy and music for liturgical celebrations and to integration into the Faith Formation Masses.
- Visibly engaged at principle parish events.
- Fosters positive public relations in and outside the parish/school.
- Creates operating procedures for each aspect of the position.
- Attends respective Archdiocesan and District workshops/programs, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
ADA Physical Requirements:
- The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods; use hands; reach with hands and arms.
- Close vision required for paperwork and computer.
- Able to utilize computer keyboard, monitor, and telephone.
- This role functions in an office environment and uses standard office equipment.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nature of Supervision Received:
Supervision will be minimum, after initial training.
Judgment Exercised/Decisions Made:
Employee is expected to take initiative and make decisions based on the mission and vision of parish and/or direction from the Director and/or Pastor.
-stays with in the budget
-initiates pay requests
-responsible for dealing with billing, follows up on billing collections and disputes
-initiates and executes marketing campaign for Faith Formation and Sacramental Programs
-develops curriculum and calendar year for Faith formation classes and Sacramental preparation
Approximate Number of Catechists Supervised:
High School Faith Formation and Confirmation Catechists – 35
Coordinator directly supervises the volunteers typically at one location at a time.