- Lead in the creation and planning of all high school support programs, including development and implementation.
- Adjust programs based on the needs of the students.
- Assist with student registration requirements, insuring to collect all paperwork.
- Collaborate with Mentor/Tutor coordinator to assign mentors/tutors to high school students as needed.
- Monitor the evening support system for the high school students and mentors.
- Send the ED a monthly report on the status of the support program.
- Meet regularly with the staff and ED to exchange ideas regarding mentors, students, relationships, new programs, program adjustments, etc.
- Attend the team meetings planned by the ED.
- Represent the Educational Center in the community as it relates to mentor and high school programming.
Implementing the High School Programs
- Establish partnerships and work with the High School staff at the schools where our students are enrolled,
to share critical information about the students’ areas in need of improvement.
- Arrange visits with the parents of the high school students when needed.
- Monitor the progress and achievement of each high school student by reviewing report cards and when necessary conferencing with their parents, mentors, tutors, teachers and/or counselors.
- Create and distribute promotional flyers, brochures, presentations when necessary. Promote Center events among students and families.
- Assist in gathering evaluation data from the mentors, tutors, students and their parents when required for end- of- the- year reports for grants requested by the Director of the Educational Center.
- Build constructive relationships with the families of the high school students.
- Communicate with parents to share student successes as well as difficulties.
- Develop and implement center support programs such as Incentive Programs and Breakthrough Thursdays.
- Openness to facilitate small groups in Outreach Program with Middle School students enhancing social and emotional skills.
- Develop and implement family engagement programs.
- Provide assistance to Director when planning school-wide activities, such as, the Christmas Fiesta and the annual Donor/Mentor/Tutor Appreciation Receptions.