1. Must follow the WMELS curriculum and provide meaningful learning experiences across all content areas.
2. Develops lesson plans and instructional materials that are age-appropriate and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
3. Willingness to work collaboratively with a classroom aide.
4. Working knowledge of PBIS and technology integration (SMART Technology, iPads, Chromebooks).
5. Establishes and maintains high standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
6. Evaluates students’ academic and social growth and keeps academic records for all students.
7. Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities, participates in curriculum development programs as required, faculty committees, and the sponsorship of student activities.
8. Communicates professionally and clearly with parents through conferences and other means to discuss student progress and other school events.
9. Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
10. Willingness to share their faith with students
11. Desire to be creative, compassionate, and enthusiastic about establishing positive student, parent, and collegial relationships.