Job Description for K3 Aide Position
The K3 Teacher’s Aide position is a part-time position, working 5 hours per day Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. The pay for this position is payable on the 15th and the last day of the month.
The Teacher Aide agrees:
- To perform the duties and responsibilities of K3 teacher aide as outlined by the K3 full-time teacher and those assigned by the school principal.
- To know and act consistently in accordance with the mission, philosophy and goals of St. Leonard School, and to provide Roman Catholic Leadership within the school community.
- To serve students in a professional and caring manner.
Responsibilities would include, but are not limited to:
- Daily assist to set up necessary educational items, equipment, papers, manipulative, audio/video/computer, for the use of the children.
- Assist to clean up as needed following classes, projects, and activities, etc., to maintain an orderly classroom space.
- Meet the needs of the students for personal care, as necessary, including washing up, toilet needs (if any), buttoning, lunch duties, other childhood specifics, e.g., shoe-tying. This may include teaching and encouragement of independence in personal skills.
- Work collaboratively with the teacher for implementing the needs of the curriculum, including academics, religion, skill development, organizational skills, social emotional interaction, etc.
- Be willing to supervise and provide instruction or direction, for both small and large group activities in the classroom.
- Cooperate fully in the management needs of the students, keeping order, providing appropriate consequences/rewards, etc.
- Accompany the students or share the duty of supervision of children as they move around the building. Accompany the students on excursions outside of the building. Accompany students during lunch, and at recess time.
- Be knowledgeable of the content of the Parent/Student Handbook and the Employee Policy and Procedure Handbook.
This job description is not mean to be all-encompassing: other duties may be assigned as needed.
The K3 teacher and the Principal. It is assumed that the Teacher and Teacher Aide will maintain good and clear channels of communication, and that any issues will be brought to the Principal in the case a concern cannot be resolved. The Principal shall provide an annual evaluation based on personal witness and observation.
The daily hours would be from 7:00 AM to 12:00 PM. The days that would be required would be Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Must be Safe Environment Trained.
High School diploma (or equivalent) and experience working with children
Successful completion of "Safeguarding All of God's Children" (SEE) training