The Learning Resource Specialist provides student support, instructional leadership and effective management to ensure that a high-quality student support program is serving the needs of Catholic Memorial High School students, faculty, and parents.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Develop instructional materials to provide individualized and small group instruction by adapting curriculum to the needs of each student while maintaining high expectations.
- Support students on formative and summative assessments.
- Teach/Support the Learning Lab course
- Teach study skills, organizational strategies, time management strategies
- Manage the academic support plans for the students who have them (IEPs, 504, etc.) serving as a liaison between CMH and the Waukesha School District
- Oversee all testing accommodations and scheduling (quizzes, tests, semester exams, ACT, PSAT, ASPIRE)
- Maintains a caseload of students and actively guides them through success in and out of the classroom.
- Communication with Faculty in regards to needs of students and their progress.
- Provide faculty with academic support plans for students who have them (IEPs, 504, etc.)
- Offer professional development and guidance in regards to differentiation, learning styles, study skills, etc. to better support the needs of the students in our building.
- Provides communication and support of student progress to the family in a variety of ways (emails, phone calls, conferences)
- Provides leadership to the Student Services Team, which meets twice a quarter to discuss students, trends in courses or with teachers and specific strategies to address those needs.
- Communicate and coordinate academic support with counselor and faculty.
- Attends workshops and meetings to stay current with professional development.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal.
- Ability to work collaboratively with students and staff.
- Bachelor's degree and prior school experience/background preferred.
- Bi-Lingual abilities are a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Leadership and positive interactions within the entire school community.
- Ability to work in student databases and our educational platform.
- Proper completion of Safe Guarding All God's Children certification or willing to obtain certification prior to start date.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.