The Learning Support Coordinator provides support to the school principal in the areas of data and assessment management, they provide support to classroom teachers through instructional coaching and resources gathering, and they provide support to students through pull-out and push-in intervention, meeting the needs of both academically challenged and gifted students.
As a key team member on the school leadership team, the Learning Support Coordinator will partner with the school principal and fellow staff to provide leadership and vision for the growth and advancement of student learning in their schools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the School Principal, SCS SIS, and school staff to schedule and implement all state, system, and school-based standardized assessments.
- Collaborate with School Principal, School Counselor, and others as part of the school’s RtI process, including supporting referrals for IEP’s, 504’s, and other processes as necessary.
- Provide on-going communication and progress reports to teachers and parents.
- Provide instructional support and regular feedback to all faculty in support of school and student achievement goals.
- Provide teachers summary reports of their students’ performance as well as instructional grouping ideas aligned to performance targets.
- Develop and maintain a regular schedule of targeted pull-out academic interventions for students identified as in need of additional supports that cannot be met through Title I services.