Position Summary: The Long-term 4K Substitute Teacher is responsible for the instruction, supervision, and management 4K students. The Teacher should possess excellent communication skills, exhibit empathy and support for the academic and emotional needs of his or students, and foster positive interactions with students and fellow employees. He or she must also fulfill other responsibilities in accordance with SJCA’s mission statement. This is a temporary position filling in for a maternity leave situation.
- Implement the absent Classroom Teacher’s lesson plans in a way that complements SJCA’s sequential and standardized curricular goals.
- Supervise student activities within the classroom and other areas as assigned, enforcing SJCA’s high expectations for student behavior at all times.
- Conduct general housekeeping tasks.
- Treat all students with dignity and respect.
- Assist preschool students in toileting and bathroom issues (if applicable).
- Work with other staff members to form a positive, supportive team atmosphere.
- Maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to the school at all times.
- Perform additional program duties as assigned by the Lower Campus Principal.