School Description: Catholic Memorial High School, grades 9-12, is a premier high school of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee in Waukesha, Wisconsin that serves approximately 600 students. At Catholic Memorial High School, we educate students as individual, intellectually and spiritually. We guide students to work to their highest, God-given potential. We prepare them for post-secondary education and to become leaders who serve the Church and the world.
Position Description: CMH is looking for a full-time long-term substitute English Teacher for the 2019-2020 school year. The position is an 8-12 week position from approximately November through February. The ideal candidate will be able to teach in the areas of Writing and Literature. Teachers at CMH are professionals who actively contribute to building a cummunity as they engage students in learning and understanding the world. Teachers are leaders and learners who work with students to foster academic and spiritual growth as people of faith and service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop instructional goals, activities, and assessments that engage all
- Work collaboratively with other members of the department and outside of the department in developing curriculum and common assessments.
- Effectively manage students within and outside the classroom. Fully utilize instructional time.
- Consistently create engaging and informative experiences in the classroom.
- Fully participate in all faith formation, liturgical and prayer services, and faculty/staff retreats.
- Communicate effectively with parents to ensure awareness of student academic and social progress.
- Regularly update assignments and grades into online information system as required.
- Pursue professional growth opportunities to provide the highest quality learning at the school.
- Collaborate with colleagues to support student learning that will facilitate student success in the Catholic Memorial International Baccalaureate and Advanced Placement Programs.