School Description: Catholic Memorial High School, grades 9-12, is a high school of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee in Waukesha, Wisconsin that serves approximately 600 students. At CMH, we educate students as individuals, intellectually and spiritually. We guide students to work to their highest, God-given potential. We prepare them for post-secondary education and to become leaders who serve the Church and the world.
Position Description: CMH is looking for a full-time long-term substitute Social Studies Teacher for the 2019-2020 school year. The position is an 8-12-week position from approximately November through February. The ideal candidate will be able to teach in the areas AP Psychology and Modern United States History. Teachers at CMH are professionals who actively contribute to the building of a community as they engage students in learning and understanding the world. Teachers are leaders and learners who work with students to foster academic and spiritual growth as people of faith and service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop instructional goals, activities, and assessments that engage all learners.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the department and outside of the department in developing curriculum and common assessments.
- Effectively manage and engage students within and outside the classroom. Fully utilize instructional time.
- Use best practices to inform practice in the classroom.
- Fully participate in all faith formation, liturgical and prayer services, and faculty/staff retreats.
- Communicate effectively with parents to ensure awareness of student academic and social progress.
- Comply and support school policies as indicated in the Personnel Handbook and Student Planner.
- Regularly update assignments and grades into online information system as required..
- Pursue professional growth opportunities to provide the highest quality learning at the school
- Collaborate with colleagues to support student learning that will facilitate student success in the Catholic Memorial International Baccalaureate and Advanced Placement Programs.