Holy Apostles School is seeking a long-term Substitute Teacher to teach Music for a 13-week duration beginning early to mid-February, through mid-May 2020. The qualified candidate is responsible for following the regular teacher’s lesson plans in a way that ensures consistency and optimal learning, and that encourages students to participate. This candidate will be accountable for the instruction, supervision, and management of school students. The candidate should possess excellent communication skills, exhibit empathy and support for the academic and emotional needs of his or her students and foster positive interactions with students and fellow employees. He or she must also fulfill other responsibilities in accordance with Holy Apostles' mission statement.
- The ability to engage students to be creative and innovative in their musical pursuits.
- Shares with administration and staff a responsibility for excellence in education, curriculum development/improvement, school’s policies and procedures, academic achievement and student well-being.
- Organizes, plans, and prepares assigned classes for optimum educational outcomes by following the daily lesson plans for subjects taught in alignment with curriculum guidelines established by the State of Wisconsin, Archdiocese of Milwaukee, and Holy Apostles Catholic School.
- Creates a positive learning atmosphere for all students, including recognizing and providing for individual learning styles.
- Evaluates students’ growth and achievement.