The Maintenance staff member works closely with the Director of Facilities to provide a safe and clean environment for students and staff.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Performs light maintenance as needed (changing lights, ballast, etc.) on a regular basis. Maintains outside of building insuring a clean physical surrounding. Major cleaning of the building is done by contracted cleaning service.
- Assists with snow removal particularly in advance of opening the school. Assist with lawn care when necessary.
- Assists skilled maintenance workers with projects (transporting and/or securing materials, completing specific tasks, etc.) for the purpose of completing projects in a safe, efficient manner.
- Coordinates with skilled tradesmen and/or assigned supervisor for the purpose of completing projects and work efficiently.
- Performs a wide variety of general and semiskilled maintenance activities (carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc.) for the purpose of completing projects within established time frames.
- Is familiar with the correct operation and maintenance of any equipment used to perform assigned duties and operate/maintain it accordingly. In particular, lawn tractor and snow blower.
- Assists in set up and take down for major school assemblies or liturgical services.
- Use computers and/or electronic equipment to fulfill job functions.
- Assists the IT department with wiring, connecting cameras and other electrical needs.
- Participate in appropriate in-service and workshop programs and attend any required meetings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Completion of Safe Guarding class or willing to obtain certification prior to start date.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Hold and maintain a valid Wisconsin driver’s license for the type of equipment to be driven with good driving record and current insurance. Necessary for running errands as needed.
- Demonstrate knowledge, a minimum three years of experience, and proficiency in several areas of maintenance (HVAC systems, roof repair, plastering/spackling, maintenance, furniture repair, small engine repair, electrical and plumbing skills).
- A pride of workmanship and resultant concern for appearance and security of building.
- Ability to interact positively with students and staff. Work with volunteer groups as needed.
- Ability to work unsupervised at times and help identify safety issues.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and extended hours as needed. Hours to be determined.
- Bilingual abilities are a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to climb ladders and perform maintenance on the roof top or maintenance to ceilings. Also, must be able to lift 100 lbs. safely. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.