Education and/or Experience
Position requires a high school diploma or a GED and three to five years of experience in a maintenance role, preferably in a school environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Effective oral and written communication skills are required.
- Carpentry knowledge is desired.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations is required.
- Must be able to operate power tools and essential maintenance equipment.
- Must be able to complete many tasks with differing deadlines.
- Incumbent will be on call for emergencies, as necessary.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Incumbent should be able to work effectively with diverse populations.
- The ability to prioritize duties and to deal with diverse groups is required.
- PC experience and the ability to use email is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend, or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work takes place in primarily an office/school environment; however, there is occasional exposure to machinery or outside elements with moderate noise when completing exterior maintenance.