* Identify, develop, and direct the financial processes for Saint Francis de Sales Seminary, while maintaining the organizational culture, values, and reputation of the institution on behalf of its stakeholders.
* Develop, present and monitor annual budget. Present the budget to Seminary Finance Committee at the May meeting.
* Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close and prepare financial management reports. And ensure that all necessary tasks related to our annual outside financial audit are complete.
* Coordinate banking activities including setting up new accounts, adding new signatures, ensuring the proper depositing of cash, and completing monthly bank reconciliations.
* Prepare and review monthly journal entries, including adjustments, and ensure that all income statement and balance sheet entries are completed on a timely basis.
* Review and process all invoices and check requests, ensuring that proper authorization is received for all payments made on behalf of Saint Francis de Sales Seminary.
* Manage the invoicing and receivables processes for all seminary activities including invoice generation and the collection of accounts and notes receivables.
*Responsible for the coordination efforts with payroll and human resources, to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data and biweekly payroll for employees.
* Coordinate the proper recording of contributions into the Raiser's Edge Database and ensure proper reconciliation with monthly financial reports.
* Coordinate the Board of Trustees Finance Committee Meetings; develop agendas, prepare and distribute information packets, record and distribute minutes, and maintain archival reports. Keep committee members updated on any pertinent financial information/events.
* Ensure the proper tracking of all necessary information related to the Seminarian Financial Formula.
*Serve as benefits coordinator for seminarians. Research and monitor cost effective insurance alternatives for seminarians.
* Serve as financial coordinator/liasion with outside educational institutions at which our seminarians are studying.
* Serve as staff financial representative for Board Finance Committee, Board Development Committee, Board of Trustees, fund raising event committees, and other ad-hoc committees.
*Ensure that financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
*Other duties as assigned by the Rector.
Print Shop Services-
* Work closely with the supervisor of Printing Services to ensure proper billing to internal and external customers.
* Analyze operational trends and develop job costing formulas in order to maintain desired profit margins.
* Ensure proper cost and revenue recognition in the General Ledger.
* Monitor the timely collection of receivables.
*Work with the Print Shop supervisor and Communications Coordinator to develop and implement marketing plans.
* Ensure the timely processing of payroll documentation for the entire organization.
* Serve as liasion with Human Resources of the Archdiocese for both staff and seminarians.
* Maintain relationships and accounts with outside vendors in regards to mail, copiers, and deliveries.