Major Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing & Design Work (50%):
- Manage current marketing campaigns, working closely with both the campaign vendor and the CDO in monitoring effectiveness and success of campaign.
- Manage updates to school website, ensuring new and consistent information is posted regularly. Will work to ensure website is consistently meeting Search Engine Optimization (SEO) standards. Write content and make the site responsive to technology-savvy public, potential students and donors. Manages the school/events calendar for website.
- Assist with management of school’s social media platforms, ensuring content is created and posted regularly. Will create an annual social media calendar, with scheduled postings and advertisements.
- Analyze marketing data collected regularly from website, social media, and online advertisements. Provide regular progress reports and recommendations to both the Admissions and Development departments to aid Leadership Team in determining marketing decisions.
- Increase SJA followers, likes, and overall school presence on social media platforms.
- Maintain a brand identity guide for the organization and helps ensure brand standards are followed for all internal and external materials.
- Serves as Project Manager, overseeing the creation of school marketing/advertising materials, including annual report, newsletters, brochures, flyers, posters, invitations, specialty pieces, billboards, print and electronic advertisements, signage, outdoor banners, donor kits, proposals, etc. This includes annual updated School materials; forms, applications, templates, donor kits, fact sheets, awards, t-shirts, etc.
- Edit all published content from admissions and development.
- Serve as the lead for designing and producing videos, images, advertisements and other digital marketing efforts.
- Create print ads, radio spots and other creative content for advertising needs.
- Help coordinate photography of key events and daily activities throughout the school year for use in publications, on website and on social media platforms.
- Works with Development team to ensure special event recognition and levels of sponsorship acknowledgement is carried out.
- Manages relationships with outside marketing-related vendors or contacts (designers, printers, etc.) for organization.
- Stays current on emerging graphic technologies and marketing design trends.
- Draft copy and coordinate production as project manager for school’s primary communications, including The Joanette Newsletter, annual report, and monthly eNewsletter.
- Manage mass email correspondence to internal lists and external constituent groups. Works with Admissions and Development departments to create a quarterly e-Communications calendar.
- Manages consistent messaging, language internally to provide consistency and a uniformity for SJA.
- Collaborate with Associate Director of Development to create copy and design work for special event collateral (Auction, NUN RUN, Spaghetti with the Sisters), select donor appeal pieces and other printed communications.
- Collaborate with Director of Admissions and Enrollment to create copy and design work for admissions event and recruitment pieces.
- Assists school leadership in building non-traditional marketing strategies to increase brand awareness in the Milwaukee community in addition to generating student enrollment leads.
- Assist in creating materials used for development proposals, presentation materials and reports.
- Create, coordinate and post organization’s social media to support recruitment, event, and program campaigns.
- Work with CDO and President to develop media contacts to assist with sharing SJA story.
- Assist with creation and distribution of press releases and media alerts.
- Monitor and track media coverage and social media activity about SJA (outside of SJA’s social media platforms).
- Plans print production calendar to strategize/maximize cost-saving opportunities.
- Coordinates printing and mailing services for all direct mail and large printing projects.
- Works with development and admissions departments to create school-wide e-Communications and social media calendar. Manages process for regular (approximately quarterly) exposure.
This position will serve as an SJA staff member on the Marketing Committee (of the SJA Board of Directors) and will be responsible for taking accurate and timely Marketing Committee meeting minutes.