This specific position is for a middle school (either 6th, 7th, or 8th grade math) position. Bilingual teachers are preferred given that we're a bilingual environment. But, first, let's look big picture starting w/ our mission...
Notre Dame School of Milwaukee is a Catholic school sponsored by the School Sisters of Notre Dame. Following in the Christian tradition, Notre Dame fosters respect, responsibility, and sharing of personal talents while preparing students for admittance to a college preparatory high school. In an English and Spanish bi-literate setting, emphasis is placed on leadership skills, critical thinking, and social justice while empowering students to make positive contributions to society.
The Catholic school teacher respects Catholic values and aids students in Christian formation by exemplifying Catholic living, both in and out of the classroom. Because Catholic schools educate their students to promote the kingdom of God, it is important that all teachers are role models for students, exemplifying Catholic teachings and values in their lives and in their actions.
The teacher is accountable to the principal and assistant principal to provide education to the grades and/or subjects assigned, to implement the Notre Dame School mission and philosophy, to follow the policies of Notre Dame School, and adheres to the directives set by Notre Dame School administration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Cultivates a classroom atmosphere conducive to learning
· Maintains classroom management
· Organizes and prepares resources for students
· Teaches assigned subjects
· Leads daily prayer and participates in school liturgies
· Assists students as needed
· Supervises areas as assigned
· Escorts students to specialty classes and other areas as assigned
· Communicates professionally and in a timely manner with parents
· Plans all‐school liturgies as requested
· Plans instruction carefully and implements effectively
· Evaluates and grades students’ work
· Cooperates with the principal and staff in the planning and development of curriculum
· Performs duties as requested by the principal.
· Incorporates technology to create a 21st century learning environment within the classroom
Record Keeping Duties
· Maintains grades and prepares grade reports
· Records daily attendance of students
· Completes all required forms and reports
Meetings and Organizations
· Attends all faculty and in‐service meetings, Teachers’ Convention and other meetings as needed
· Actively engages in professional development
· Participates and meets the requirements of Sustaining the Mission and maintains the appropriate level of certification.