- Collaborate with the Executive Director (ED) in furthering the Educational Center’s Mission.
- Attend the team meetings planned by the ED to discuss and evaluate the progress of the programs and to plan general activities for the Educational Center.
- Assist in gathering evaluation data from the mentors, tutors, students and their parents when required for end- of- the- year reports for grants requested by the ED of the Educational Center.
- Provide assistance to Director when planning school-wide activities, such as, the Christmas Fiesta and the annual Donor/Mentor/Tutor Appreciation Receptions.
Implementing the Middle School Program
- Lead with the creation and planning of all middle school support programs.
- Monitor the evening support system for the middle school students tutors and mentors.
- Establish partnerships with the counselors at the schools where our students are enrolled.
- Maintain a file on all middle school students including goal sheets, report cards, progress reports, etc.
- Assist in gathering the required forms for the students’ records filed in the Director’s Office.
- Monitor the progress and achievement of each middle school student by reviewing report cards and when necessary, conference with the mentors, tutors, teachers or counselors.
- Build constructive relationships with the families of the middle school students.
- Arrange visits with the parents of the middle school students when needed.
- Meet regularly with staff to exchange ideas to foster Educational Center’s Mission.
- Attend meetings in the community to represent and promote the Educational Center as it relates to mentors/tutors and middle school programming.
- Send the Executive Director a monthly report on the status of the support program.
- Develop and implement support programs such as incentive programs and Thursday Theme Night.
Responsibilities Related to the Mentor and Tutor Program
- Recruit, schedule and orient all mentors and tutors to the Educational Center.
- Assign and monitor the pairing of the mentors and tutors for the middle students and work with high school staff to pair and monitor mentors and tutors for the high school students.
- Collaborate with the ED in planning the orientation meeting at the start of the year.
- Gather the required forms from the middle school students, mentors and tutors.
- Meet regularly with the high school coordinator to exchange ideas regarding mentors, high school students, relationships, etc.
- Conference with tutors and mentors about areas they feel would be of help to them in their roles.
- Share with mentors/tutors information from parents, counselor, teachers that will help them to better meet the individual needs of each student.
Responsibilities Related to the Outreach Program
- Create and facilitate Outreach Program (small groups of middle school students) which enhance social and emotional skills. These groups are provided at parochial, public, and private schools.
- Build relationships with school counselors and teachers of the public and private schools of Racine.
- Collaborate with school counselors throughout the year to select outreach topics and schedule outreach courses
- Plan, implement/supervise and evaluate outreach programs.
- Meet regularly with the outreach facilitators to exchange ideas regarding outreach activities and outreach topics.
- Gather the required forms, evaluations, and data from the staff and counselors for the Outreach Program.