Holy Apostles Catholic School is seeking a Middle School Religion teacher for the 2019-2020 school year. This position requires 8th grade homeroom responsibilities as well as instruction for Religion content. Grade specific duties would include, but not limited to, instruction of Health class, 8th grade graduation, Legacy Project, and Washington DC class field trip.
The qualified candidate is responsible for the instruction, supervision, and management of school students. The candidate should possess excellent communication skills, exhibit empathy and support for the academic and emotional needs of his or students and foster positive interactions with students and fellow employees. He or she must also fulfill other responsibilities in accordance with Holy Apostles' mission statement.
• Shares with administration and staff a responsibility for excellence in education, curriculum development/improvement, school’s policies and procedures, academic achievement and student well-being.
• Organizes, plans, and prepares assigned classes for optimum educational outcomes by preparing daily lesson plans for subjects taught in alignment with curriculum guidelines established by the State of Wisconsin, Archdiocese of Milwaukee, and Holy Apostles Catholic School.
• Creates a positive learning atmosphere for all students. Including recognizing and providing for individual learning styles.
• Evaluates students’ growth and achievement.
• Experience in Catholic education with the ability to promote the role of faith in education and leadership preferred.