Culture Leadership Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the school principal, set goals and vision for a positive, structured, achievement-oriented, and nurturing school culture.
- Serve as the point person for discipline/culture issues for students, teachers and families. Communicate severe discipline issues to the principal.
- Using best practices create the necessary supports with the student and family support manager to respond to struggling students (collaborate with teachers and students in small group settings).
- Work in collaboration with the academic interventionist and the student and family support manager to manage behavioral referrals, IEP meetings, and create behavior interventions that are implemented with all stakeholders (parents, students, and teachers).
- Support and provide feedback to teachers to improve their instructional practice, especially as it relates to issues of discipline, relationships with students, and overall school culture goals.
- Lead internal effort to establish maintaining of community partnerships in collaboration with the student and family support manager to support all students.
- Serve as a member of the Student Intervention Team (SIT).
- Be highly present and visible during school hours, in and out of classrooms, relentlessly ensuring the school has a strong school culture.
- Other duties as assigned by the school principal.
School Systems and Operations:
- Design/modify and implement school-wide culture systems (i.e. entry, dismissal, transition, incentive systems, community meeting etc.) aligned to the vision and goals for the school year.
- Create structures, systems, and tracking tools to proactively and positively engage with school leadership team, teachers, and parents throughout the school year.
- Maintain, monitor, to student culture data; document all necessary steps and communicate regularly with principal.
- Maintain, create, refine, and document records regarding disciplinary actions.
- Lead professional development for teachers focused on improving school systems to meet goals.
- Manage and lead the attendance team to enforce student attendance/truancy policy in conjunction with student and family support manager and office manager.
- Support the accreditation process.
Mercer, WI Summer Campus:
- Lead Mercer summer campus logistics and parent communication. Communicate with principal, director of Camp Thunderhead, and office manager regularly.
- Visit the Mercer summer campus, attend the 5th grade retreats, and participate in key student programming events.
- Create systems and refine structures to make stronger connections between the Milwaukee and Mercer campus.
- Create and support programming alongside principal and director of Camp Thunderhead for the entire summer program (with a focus on the growing part of program, that will be serving girls).
- Create, evaluate, overall school culture, with an emphasis on academic achievement, structure, safety, discipline, and mission.
- Lead all school wide behavior incentives (magis/student of the month, etc.) related to improving culture.
- Serve as a liaison to and coordinate Peaceworks program at Marquette University and Casa Romero programs.
- Assist teachers to develop strong partnerships with parents by enhancing communications and develop strategic plans alongside principal and office manager to monitor family engagement, acting proactively.
- Lead other student culture activities such as (Yearbook, Catholic Schools Week, etc.)
- Serve as a member of the Ministry Team.
- Support and lead student assemblies.
- Be available for open houses, parent-teacher conferences, summer orientation sessions and other events involving parents.
- Perform home visits, as needed.
Support principal with recruitment efforts.
Send resume, cover letter, three references to:
Vanessa Solis, Principal
Nativity Jesuit Academy
1515 South 29th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53215
In the cover letter, address the following questions:
• What factors do you think most contribute to student success?
• How will you support a safe and effective schoolwide learning environment?
• How do you see yourself building relationships with students and faculty in this role?
• How would you define your leadership style?
• How would you divide your time between meeting the immediate needs of the students, managing student data, and keeping up with the paperwork?
1515 South 29th Street
Milwuakee, WI 53215