The Operations Manager at Pro-Life Wisconsin(PLW) performs all the tasks necessary to provide for the effective and efficient operation of the PLW state office while assisting in the execution of PLW's plans and activities.
Specifically, the Operations Manager is responsible for executing the following tasks in an effective and efficient manner:
• Oversees all the activities relating to the operation of the State Office
• Works to facilitate an increase the PLW donor and support base.
• Attends quarterly Board of Director's meetings to communicate financial records.
• Handle vendor based projects relating to office operations.
• Processes incoming/outgoing daily mail and emails, as well as requests for items and literature.
• Perform computer backups on a regular basis.
• Assists in our bulk mailings and The Banner (newsletter) preparation.
• Oversees the office equipment and supplies to insure they are maintained including staff laptops, PCs & related software.
• Oversees volunteers as needed.
• Assists with main PLW sponsored functions like the fall Gala fundraiser, the spring Living Courage Awards fundraiser and Day at the Capitol.
• Handles bookkeeping functions to properly record all transactions within our accounting system.
• Works with our accounting firm to generate all necessary financial statements and appropriate IRS filings.
• Generates quarterly financial reports for the board.
• Assists in the generation of the yearly Budgets and Activity plans for PLW
• Processes checks for payment of all bills, included but not limited to rent, utilities & expenses.
• Prepares bank deposits as needed.
• Ensures that PLW fundraising proposals, reports, correspondence and related materials are prepared in a timely and exemplary manner (e.g. fundraising letters, grant proposals, requests for personal meetings with larger donors).
• Handles Human Resources Activities of New Employee Orientation and payroll/benefit administration.
• Provides assistance to PLW Staff and Board to facilitate common staff goals.
The Operations Manager reports directly to the State Director and indirectly to the Board of Directors Personnel Committee.
About the Employer
Pro-Life Wisconsin is founded on the bedrock principle of the pro-life movement - that all preborn babies are "persons" and all innocent persons share the inalienable right to life - Pro-Life Wisconsin educates the public and lobbies elected officials.
Believing that "it is never the will of the Father in heaven that one of these little ones should be lost" (Matthew 18:14), Pro-Life Wisconsin is a Christian organization relying on God to change hearts and minds toward His most precious creation of human life.
Beyond being 100% pro-life, Christian and a good team player, the individual is expected to be self-motivated with the ability to identify a task's requirements and exert the initiative to accomplish it within the time frame expected. Specifically, the individual must possess the following:
• Thorough understanding and shared belief in the 100% pro-life position.
• Ability to communicate Pro-Life Wisconsin's unique position.
• Knowledge of, and experience with, office operation techniques and procedures.
• Strong team player - works well with others.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills.
• Ability to navigate CRM database including data entry and pull report
• Excellent MS Office and QuickBooks skills.
• Ability to work some weekends and evenings.
Undergraduate Degree required.