- Provides Human Resource Training to Parish and School Leadership
- Identify and assess training needs for parishes and schools leadership based on one-on-one conversations, common trends, etc.
- Design training workshops for different audiences (pastor, principal, business leaders) in the area of HR Best Practices to promote knowledge and compliance.
- Utilize technology to implement and enhance planned training initiatives including live training and e-learning
- Deliver at the Archdiocese and in the field, one-on-one or in large groups training sessions/workshops, e.g., harassment, personnel files, hiring, specific laws and their practical application.
- Evaluate training effectiveness and modify, as needed.
- Provides Human Resource Support and Counsel to Parish and School Leadership
- Creates partnerships and works with the pastors/parish directors and deans in the assigned deaneries and travel to the parishes/schools to provide HR support, consultation, and assessment of processes/systems.
- Assists pastors/administrators/ parish directors/principals, and staff in problem solving employment issues in regard to common policy/law compliance and employee performance coaching.
- Interpret federal, state, and local policies as it relates to employment law and procedures.
- Provide assistance with verbal and written drafts of disciplinary documents as needed.
- Assist with recruitment process questions, handbook development, policy interpretation and procedures, performance management, investigations, as needed.
- Connects leadership with resources (i.e. Catholic Mutual; in-house legal counsel, Church Unemployment Pay Program).
- Provide HR Reviews
- Conducts HR audits and provides overall results to the Personnel Services Office, the Ordained and Lay Ecclesial Ministry Office, and Schools Office.
- Coaches/Assists parishes and school to help them follow federal and state laws that govern the employment relationship, policies handbook, etc.
D. Assist the Personnel Services Director and the Director of Human Resources for Parishes & Schools.
1. Participate in regular meetings of the Personnel Services Office or the Ordained and Lay Ecclesial Ministry Office, Schools Office, Parish Leadership, BAAM, etc., as requested.
2. Serve on various task forces, committees, or interview teams, as requested.
E. Other Duties
- Maintains documentation of all interaction so that services provided can be collaborated with Personnel Services Office, the Ordained and Lay Ecclesial Ministry Office, & Schools Office for future programs.
- Creates visibility via on-campus recruiting, career fairs, etc. to assist with employment visibility for the parishes and schools within the Archdiocese of Milwaukee. .