Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or equivalent. Two years’ experience working with youth and adults in an organized setting with School Safety, law enforcement, or security work experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to adhere to safety and security practices.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including software.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to understand written procedures, write routine documents, and speak clearly.
- Ability to analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions.
- Ability to work with a diversity of individuals and/or groups.
- Ability to adapt to changing work priorities.
- Ability to communicate with diverse groups.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work under limited supervision following standardized practices and/or methods.
- Knowledge of health standards and hazards.
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures.
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license is required.
- Must have good interpersonal skills, i.e., he/she must be a people person.
- Evidence of self-defense training(s) and evidence of past firearm certification.
- Must be able to pass insurance criteria to drive school vehicle.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. Occasionally, the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend, or reach above the shoulders.
The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.