The elementary school Physical Education Teacher is responsible for the instruction, supervision, and management of elementary school students. The Teacher should possess excellent communication skills, a strong commitment to academic excellence, provide academic support for the individual needs of his or her students, and foster positive interactions with students and fellow employees. He or she should foster Catholic identity through the modeling of Christian behavior.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of elementary school level physical education instruction.
- Develop and implement effective classroom curricula, complementing SJCA’s sequential and standardized curricular goals and working closely with other department faculty.
- Promote a welcoming classroom environment that encourages an interdisciplinary and respectful culture of learning.
- Adapt instructional content and teaching strategies to suit individual and class needs.
- Supervise student activities within the classroom and other areas as assigned, enforcing the SJCA’s high expectations for student behavior at all times.
- Communicate via phone, email, and in person with SJCA families regarding students’ academic progress.
- Attend all teacher in-services, faculty and department meetings, and professional development and faith formation workshops.
- Participate in additional school-related activities, including but not limited to: open house, graduation exercises, new student registration nights, placement testing, student dance supervision, parent-teacher conferences, and back to school events.
- Perform additional program duties as assigned by the principal.
Coaching and club moderator opportunities are available with this position.
All applicants must also upload their completed Archdiocese of Milwaukee Teacher application (which can
be found at https://www.archmil.org/CentersofExcellence/DOCsPDFs/Forms/4111Principal-TeacherApplication_Form.pdf)