The Lower Campus Instructional Aide is responsible for assisting the classroom teacher in the general teaching, supervision, and management of preschool students.
* Prepare the classroom learning environment and oversee classroom activities under the direction of the Classroom Teacher.
* Supervise students in the classroom, lunchroom, on the playground, and during nap time routines.
* Assist with general housekeeping tasks.
* Treat all students with dignity and respect.
* Assist students in toileting and bathroom issues.
* Work with other staff members to form a positive, supportive team atmosphere.
* Participate in staff meetings and early childhood education training programs.
* Maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to the school at all times.
* Perform additional duties as assigned by the the Classroom Teacher or Lower Campus Principal.
The Aide should have a friendly personality, be empathetic toward the emotional and physical needs of others, and foster positive interactions with children and fellow employees. He or she must also fulfill other responsibilities in accordance with SJCA’s mission statement.
- 21+ years old, high school diploma/GED
- Demonstrated experience working with preschool age children
- Must attend Archdiocesan Safeguarding All God's Children session and pass criminal background check