The Preschool Teacher is responsible for the instruction, supervision, and management of preschool students. The Teacher should possess excellent communication skills, exhibit empathy and support for the academic and emotional needs of his or students, and foster positive interactions with students and fellow employees. He or she must also fulfill other responsibilities in accordance with SJCA’s mission statement.
* Develop and implement a comprehensive instructional curriculum appropriate that complements SJCA’s sequential and standardized curricular goals.
* Incorporate technology training and teaching methodologies within the classroom under the supervision of the the Technology Department
* Communicate via phone, email, and in person with families regarding students’ progress.
* Supervise students in the classroom, lunchroom, on the playground, and during nap time routines.
* Complete or delegate general housekeeping tasks.
* Assist students in toileting and bathroom issues.
* Attend all teacher in-services, faculty and department meetings, and professional development and faith formation workshops.
* Participate in additional school-related activities, including but not limited to: open house, graduation exercises, new student registration nights, parent-teacher conferences, and back to school events.
* Perform additional program duties as assigned by the Lower Campus Principal.