The president is responsible for leading Seton’s mission: to provide a transformational education system to overcome academic and social challenges, empowering students, families and educators to attain their God-given potential. The president serves as the face of Seton to the community and is intended to be externally oriented. The president will lead development activities to achieve the financial sustainability of the schools.
The president is hired by and reports to the Seton Board of Directors. The president ensures that the policies of the Board, along with the policies and procedures of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee and the Office for Schools, are carried out. The Board of Directors formally evaluates the president’s performance.
The president directs the operations of the entire network.
The President responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Advancement, Fund Raising and Public Relations
Financial Affairs and Management
Leadership/Management of Key Relationships
Active Catholic able to participate in the sacramental life of the Church.
Significant administrative experience, along with excellent communications skills, and the ability to strategically organize and plan for expansion of Seton Catholic Schools.
Master’s degree or Ph.D. preferred.
Working experience with the leadership/management of K-12 schools, preferably Catholic and/or independent schools in a city environment is preferred.
A valid Driver’s License
Proven expertise in fund development
Qualifications and Skills
- Significant fundraising experience, including demonstrated success leading or operating within a full-service development shop, i.e., strategy, prospecting, cultivation, event management, solicitation, gift processing and relationship building.
- Successful professional experience related to branding, brand management, marketing and/or organizational communications.
- A proven track record of effectively leading change initiatives across large organizations, including stakeholder engagement and management, issue resolution, engagement, etc.
- Team management experience, including building and managing teams to meet ambitious goals and prioritizing and aligning resources to meet organizational needs.
- Deep belief in the potential of all children, regardless of their background.
- Respect for and motivation to preserve and build upon the legacy of urban Catholic education.
- Ability to integrate multiple streams of work and handle complexity.
- Ability to build strong relationships, collaborate and support a Catholic mission-driven team culture.
Strong communications skills and the ability to quickly earn respect and confidence.
- Ability to cascade clear direction from executive team throughout the organization.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with demonstrated experience building new programs or initiatives.
- A relentless work ethic and a high degree of patience to push through difficult challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to operate with a growth mindset and seek opportunities for feedback.