Founded in faith, St. Joan Antida High School (SJA) was founded in 1954 by the Sisters of Charity of St. Joan Antida. The school continues to be sponsored by the Sisters and it acts as a successful springboard for more than 4,000 young women. SJA provides a student-centered, college and career-ready education to young women in grades 9-12. We are a Catholic, values-based organization with an educational model focused on academic quality, personalized attention, and leadership development.
In the spirit of Saint Joan Antida Thouret, We engage. We embrace. We empower.
Simply, we are driven by the vison and calling of Saint Joan Antida to serve young women seeking a spiritually enriching, supportive, and challenging educational experience that helps them find their voice and become leaders. It is our job to make sure that our students are well-prepared for a successful future that strengthens their relationship to their local and global communities. We know these young women can change the world. The Sisters of Charity of St. Joan Antida delegate to the President the primary leadership role in achieving the mission of the school as a Catholic school for young women from diverse backgrounds.
This job would be a great fit if:
• You think of your work as a calling and not just a job.
• You hold space in your heart for the mission and values of SJA.
• You are invested in providing growth opportunities for young women.
• You come to work ready to have fun, laugh, and grow with a strong team.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Leadership and Oversight:
- Serve as the Chief Executive Officer, providing leadership and delegating authority for policy and program execution.
- Develop and articulate the vision of the school to internal and external communities.
- Collaborate with administrators to fulfill the mission and goals of the school.
- Provide guidance for external affairs, resource management, fiscal oversight, and financial stability.
- Ensure efficient school operations.
- Advocate for and promote the value of single-sex education for young women.
- Actively facilitate collaboration and partnerships by personally promoting participation, volunteerism, and philanthropy.
- Work directly with community leaders, major donors, other leading philanthropists, and government officials.
2. Mission Implementation:
- Promote our Catholic identity by ensuring that our faith is the guiding principle of the organization.
- Ensure the school's mission guides decision-making across all areas of school life.
- Lead the School Community in preparing young women for their lives, emphasizing the development of the whole person.
- Foster awareness of a loving God and promote the goodness of Jesus Christ through just words and actions.
3. Long-Range and Strategic Planning:
- Oversee the implementation of the Strategic Plan, regularly reviewing progress with the Administrative Team and Board of Directors.
- Continue collaborative discussions regarding long-range and strategic planning processes with the Leadership Team.
4. Team Leadership:
- Guide the Leadership Team in achieving SJA’s mission through yearly goals and objectives.
- Support and develop an effective Leadership Team as well as faculty and administrative staff.
- Ensure appropriate staffing consistent with SJA’s needs and within the constraints of the school’s physical and financial resources.
- Serve as a role model for young women within the school environment.
5. Resource Development:
- Develop and implement a development program with the Director of Development to meet the present and future needs of SJA.
- Increase the participation, engagement, and contributions of benefactors.
- Cultivate potential donors and solicit grants and donations from foundations, organizations, and individuals in collaboration with the Director of Development.
- Oversee and evaluate the activities of all development areas regarding annual giving, planned giving, capital giving, endowment and special event fundraising activities.
6. Recruitment, Marketing, Public Relations, and Alumnae Relations:
- Enhance the school's image by building brand awareness through multiple channels and forums.
- Develop and implement a recruitment strategy for continued enrollment growth in collaboration with the Director of Admissions & Enrollment.
- Monitor marketing and public relations efforts.
- Develop metrics for the implementation of the school’s marketing, public relations, and other policies related to admissions, recruitment, and retention.
- Strengthen relationships by engaging alumnae, parent groups and related stakeholders when appropriate at select events, initiatives, and activities.
- Represent SJA in various activities within the community as well as at SJA functions.
- Monitor and oversee financial management of SJA High School.
- Ensure decisions reflect fiscal responsibility and oversee the annual operating and capital budget development.
- Develop and oversee short-term and long-term capital improvement plans.
- Guide financial aid planning and support to ensure its effectiveness.
8. Academic Affairs:
- Collaborate with the Principal to ensure all academic programs best support the learning and development of SJA students.
- Provide guidance to continually improve academic and extra-curricular programs.
- Approve faculty hiring and implement personnel policies in cooperation with the Principal.
9. Board and Committee Activities:
- Actively participate in SJA Board of Directors meetings, implementing board policies.
- Assist in keeping the strategic, long-range plan up-to-date and relevant to promote the school's mission and fiscal well-being.
- Provide in-service to new board members alongside the Board Chair and Governance Committee.
- Be accountable to the Board of Directors and the member Board of the Sisters of Charity, undergoing an annual evaluation.
- Meet regularly with the Leadership Team, conducting a formal review at least annually.