The President will articulate and implement the mission and religious vision of Nativity Jesuit Academy.
- Responsible for inspiring and creating an environment which ignites the passions of faculty, staff and students unifying them in meaningful achievement.
- Implement the Roman Catholic Identity and Jesuit Charism of education and monitor the expression of Catholic Identity, including selection of personnel in consultation with the Principal.
- Act as the school’s liaison with the Jesuits USA Midwest Province and act as the-co-liaison with the Principal to the Diocese of Milwaukee.
- Demonstrate and model an enthusiastic appreciation for the history of Jesuit education and Ignatian Spirituality, especially as it relates to Nativity Jesuit Academy and its mission
- Articulate the mission of Nativity Jesuit Academy to alumni, parents, students, faculty, staff and the wider community
- Monitor the expression of Catholic identity in all facets of school life in consultation with the Principal.
- Monitor the selection of personnel so that the values of those employed reflect the mission of the school.
Community and Public Leadership & Student Recruitment
As chief spokesperson for Nativity Jesuit Academy, the President will promote the educational vision within the larger Milwaukee community by communicating the mission of the Board, the Diocese of Milwaukee, and the faculty, students, parents, and alumni with a particular focus on student recruitment and advancement.
- Implement a strong public relations program for the school within the community. (i.e. civic groups, local business community, as well as non-profits and faith-based organizations)
- Serve as the official representative of the school, either in person or through a delegate, to the Diocese of Milwaukee, the Jesuit Schools Network, the State Department of Education, and other agencies and business organizations.
- Supervise and develop metrics for the implementation of the school’s marketing, public relations, and other policies related to admissions, recruitment, retention and alumni in collaboration with the Nativity Jesuit Academy Board.
The President is the chief executive officer and as such is responsible for student recruitment and a development program which maintains the school’s financial viability. His/her principal responsibilities are in the areas of financial management, development, personnel and facilities management.
- Oversee, with the assistance of the Nativity Jesuit Academy Finance Director, the business operations and school finances.
- Develop and submit an annual operating budget for Board approval through the Finance Committee and the Finance Director.
- Make regular budget reports with the Finance Director to the Board.
- Execute all contracts and agreements, consistent with the directives of the Board.
- Develop and implement a metric driven development program in collaboration with the Advancement Director to meet the present and future needs of Nativity Jesuit Academy.
- Oversee and evaluate the activities of all advancement: endowment, annual giving, deferred giving, and capital giving.
- Support and drive fundraising activities in collaboration with the Advancement Team and Board.
- Fundraising activities include endowment, annual, and capital giving to meet the present and future needs of the school. Cultivation of potential donors as well as the solicitation of grants and donations from foundations, trusts, organizations, and individuals in collaboration with the Advancement Director and the Board of Trustees.
Personnel and Facilities Management
- Develop and maintain a program to ensure safety and security of the school facilities to promote safety on our campus and to minimize financial liability or risk along with the Operations Director.
- Develop a program for overseeing the maintenance and development of physical plant and grounds.
- Support school principals in human resource management and ensure compliance with Diocesan personnel policies and procedures.
The President is responsible for ensuring that the educational vision of the USA Midwest Jesuit Province and the Diocese of Milwaukee, the Jesuit Schools Network, and the Board is implemented at the school and with the Principal. As such, he or she has specific leadership responsibilities as the administrative leader to the Board and the Nativity Jesuit Academy community.
- Hires, supervises and evaluates the Advancement Director, Finance Director, Operations Director and the Principal
- Sign all contracts of school administrators and oversee the Principal in their evaluation of faculty and staff.
- Develop an effective administration team with the responsibility for supporting and implementing the educational vision, marketing, admissions and advancement of Nativity Jesuit Academy.
- Coordinate, implement and monitor strategic and long-range planning and development goals.
- Report quarterly to the Board of Trustees on the state of the school covering the following areas: Catholic identity, financial viability, student recruitment and retention, long-range planning, educational programs, administrative policy, goals of the President and the administrative team.
- Assist in the governance of the school by coordinating with the board chair, and Committee Chairs of the Board to present appropriate policy issues before the Board. Serve on all Board committees. Oversee the accreditation, endorsement and review process of the school.
Practicing Catholic, advanced degree, seven or more years relevant educational experience preferred, operations and budget / financial skills, demonstrated knowledge of strong financial planning and analytical skills, good interpersonal and communication skills, motivated leader who can make decisions and manage time well.